Got a Pest Problem? Call South Essex Pest Controllers
Using professionals to deal with unwelcome visitors and prevent infestations
Pests of any description and in any quantity can be at best annoying, and at worst extremely distressing if you’re unfortunate enough to be afflicted whether it’s rodents, insects or bugs.
The importance of effective removal followed by prevention of a recurrence can’t be overstated, and it’s vital to act quickly as a small presence can quickly become an infestation in the case of many pest varieties.
The pest problem
In general, many households are at risk from pests even if it’s a modest one such as a few more flies than usual or a mouse from a nearby field finding its way into your home.
On the other hand, larger infestations can soon become a major issue. Particular weather conditions such as the especially hot summer of 2018 gave rise to a wasp epidemic and increased rodent infestations.
Professional pest control help
Professionals such as this Southend pest control expert serving south Essex are more in demand than ever during periods of high pest activity. It’s very important to use professionals as they have the knowledge and deploy the most effective techniques to get rid of pests.
For the average householder it can often be difficult to spot where the pests are actually ‘living’ and how they gained access in the first place. An experienced pest controller can investigate and ascertain these two factors and work out a strategy to deal with the problem.
Trying to deal with the problem yourself may work in the case of a small and basic invasion such as, say, a small ant infestation; ensuring cupboards are clean with no food debris lying around and putting ant powder down where they’re coming in may be enough to do the trick.
On the other hand, an invasion of rats or the presence of a wasp nest could prove hazardous for the layman to attempt to tackle. A wasp nest is obviously highly dangerous for anyone other than an expert to attempt to remove, and trying your luck with rats could be similarly unwise if using powerful chemicals or attempting to trap them.
Cure and prevention
It’s one thing removing the pest, but quite another preventing their return. A pest control professional can, as mentioned earlier, detect how the pest gained access and so advise on how to ensure they don’t return.
Indeed, a pest controller can also do a type of ‘pest survey’ for you and advise of where vulnerabilities are and suggest ways of boosting your pest defenses.
Some of the pest threats you may be susceptible to:
- Rats – possibly the most disliked pest of all, they can cause damage and disease
- Mice – small so can squeeze into the tiniest of gaps; even small amounts of warmth, food and shelter is enough to encourage them – like rats, they cause damage through scraping and gnawing
- Wasps – can nest in and around the home and are a dangerous hazard with their sting
- Bed bugs – a rising pest threat partially due to increased international travel; they can become a major infestation over time as they’re difficult to detect initially
- Flies – a common pest that spreads diseases; it’s important to keep food covered
- Cockroaches – can survive in various conditions so long as there’s some water; they’re dangerous as they spread diseases such as salmonella and Ecoli
- Fleas – usually transmitted on animals, they can proliferate quickly
There’s more pests of course – moths and ants to name but two – and grey squirrels can prove a big nuisance if they gain a foothold.
Squirrels are a good example of why professional pest control is required; get it wrong and you can actually be prosecuted. It’s illegal to trap and then release a grey squirrel into the wild. On the other hand, the much rarer red squirrel shouldn’t be trapped or killed as they are an endangered species.
Use professional pest controllers.
Why using professional pest controllers in South Essex is the best way to control and remove pest invasions and prevent them recurring. Examples of typical pests.